[Samba] Creating the Home Folder for a New User

Roy Eastwood spindles7 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 12:19:14 UTC 2021

Rowland,
I see in the WiKi (https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Windows_User_Home_Folders)
that it says that creating the home folder automatically when using ADUC only
works when the user's home directory is stored on a Windows machine - ie it
doesn't work when stored on a Unix machine.   I assume Unix in this sense also
means Linux?       If so I suggest this note is incorrect, because it works
nicely in Linux.   I am using Debian Buster, but it has worked fine in all
versions of Linux that I have tried in the past.    You may therefore wish to
update the WiKi.
Regards,
Roy