[Samba] Any drawback in changing primary group of domain users ?

Roy Eastwood spindles7 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 09:41:47 UTC 2021

@Rowland I think the OP's problems stem from the fact that both POSIX ACLs and Windows ACLs are in play.
I have scanned the WiKi and can find no reference to adding the line:
	acl_xattr:ignore system acl = yes
to either the share share definition or the global section of smb.conf when using Windows ACLs.
Is it worth making this clear by adding it to the https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_a_Share_Using_Windows_ACLs
page?

Roy