[Samba] pam_winbind stops working when use_krb5 is enabled

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Feb 25 15:54:58 UTC 2021

On 25/02/2021 15:41, cn--- via samba wrote:
> Am 25.02.21 um 14:35 schrieb Rowland penny via samba:
>

>> You need pam-krb5, which I believe Red-hat has removed in RHEL 8
>
> You can do it this way:
>
> https://access.redhat.com/solutions/4256011
>
> The account is free but you need to log in.

I have a red-hat account but I can never see anything, but I take it
that it is the same as this:

https://sssd.io/docs/users/pam_krb5_migration.html

If it is, then you are shooting yourself in the foot, the first thing
you would have  to do is to remove Samba as you cannot use sssd with Samba.

Rowland