[Samba] Any drawback in changing primary group of domain users ?

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 08:16:55 UTC 2021

Hi,

In these days I am trying to do some polishing/tuning in my NAS
and I focused my attention on a detail: all domain users have
"Primary group" set to "Domain users".

I don't like it much. I would prefer e.g. the user 'foo' to have
by default as primary group 'g-foo'.

Before I do systematic change to all my users I would like
to know your opinion about this. Do you foresee any issue
if I perform such a move ?

Also, I can change the Primary group from Windows tools
but i can't find a proper way of doing it from Linux.
Any ideas ?

bye
Nicola