[Samba] Smb daemon on Arch Linux dies after running for about 7-10 days - `SAMBA_4.13.4' not found

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Feb 24 14:15:46 UTC 2021

Disallowed Characters in NetBIOS Names

You cannot use the following characters in a NetBIOS name:

period (.)
backslash (\)
forward slash (/)
colon (:)
asterisk (*)
question mark (?)
quotation mark (“)
less than sign (<)
greater than sign (>)
vertical bar (|)

Disallowed Characters in Hostnames

The NetBIOS name and hostname are the same by default. This means you need to make sure that your NetBIOS name is using characters that are allowed in DNS hostnames. This is an important concept to grasp.
The following characters are not allowed in the DNS hostnames, therefore you should not use them in NetBIOS names.
Yes, if you use these characters you may get away by using them on LAN, but your computer won’t be able to communicate on the Internet.

comma (,)
tilde (~)
colon (:)
exclamation point (!)
at sign (@)
number sign (#)
dollar sign ($)
percent (%)
caret (^)
ampersand (&)
apostrophe (‘)
period (.)
parentheses (())
braces ({})
underscore (_)			<<<<<<<  netbios name = archTM_Xen
white space (blank)

changing it might help.

on this :
`SAMBA_4.13.4' not found, your sure all needed packages are installed?
like samba-dsdb-modules and samba-vfs-modules

greetz,