[Samba] PANIC in the logs

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Feb 22 18:10:09 UTC 2021

On 22/02/2021 17:02, Andrea Cucciarre' wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have removed the "server role" entry but I still have the same PANIC
> logs on winbindd startup.
> However  eventually it starts up successfully, so it's not very clear
> why that panics are occurring.
> I'am already running the latest Samba release available on ubuntu 20.04.
> Any idea why that panics occurs?

There was very little wrong with your smb.conf, the 'server role' line
and you have a .local TLD, though this is probably due to sanitisation.
If it is correct, try turning off Avahi.

Is sssd installed ?

If it is, try removing it.

If after all this, it still panics, they can I ask you to open a bug report.