[Samba] Bulk Edit

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Feb 22 13:52:35 UTC 2021

On 22/02/2021 13:42, Eben Victor via samba wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know how to bulk edit users with samba-tool?
> I have multiple users who's email changed and to edit RSAT takes along
> time.
>
> Regards
>
> --

Don't think you can do this with samba-tool, but you should be able to
write a script around ldbmodify or ldapmodify:

Put the users name and new mail address into file

Get the script to parse the file and then use the info to change the
users mail address with ldbmodify. Print success or failure message,
then next user.

Rowland