[Samba] Root user shows up as "administrator"

Matthias Kühne | Ellerhold AG matthias.kuehne at ellerhold.de
Wed Feb 17 12:32:19 UTC 2021

Hello,

Am 17.02.21 um 13:08 schrieb Rowland penny via samba:
> On 17/02/2021 11:56, Matthias Kühne | Ellerhold AG via samba wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> sadly "net cache flush" did nothing.
>>
>> But this did the trick:
>>
>> systemctl restart nscd nslcd
>

> Why are you using nscd (which you should not use with winbind) and nslcd ?
>
> This has probably something to do with your problem

The server(s) previously authed to an LDAP server and thats why these
packages were installed. I switched to winbind without uninstalling them
... I forgot this.

Plus I thought nscd was part of basic debian - but it got installed as
dep of libpam-ldapd.

I've removed libpam-ldapd, nscd, nslcd and all packages that got
installed along with them - and it works!

>> Same question(s) for a domain member!
> I do hope you are not using nslcd on the Unix domain members

Not anymore!

>> Seems like nscd is the problem! It's confused that 2 users (root and
>> DOMAIN\Administrator) have the same UID (0) and returns one at random
>> (or something like that)? Is my suspicion correct?
>>
>> There is one sentence in
>> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Member_Server_Troubleshooting to
>> disable nscd completly.
>>
>> IBut there is no mention of nscd in
>> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Domain_Member nor
>> in
>> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_an_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller
>>
>> . If I'm correct - could you please add a line in each of the HOW-TOs to
>> disable nscd completly (or disable parts of it)?
>
> Will do.
>
> Rowland

Although my request now seems kinda dumb, because nscd is not part of
basic-debian. I installed it voluntarily as part of the (old) LDAP auth.
An entry to the "troubleshooting" wiki page seems more appropriate.

Thanks for your help!

--
Matthias Kühne
Senior Webentwickler

Ellerhold Aktiengesellschaft
Friedrich-List-Str. 4
01445 Radebeul

Telefon: +49 (0) 351 83933-61
Telefax: +49 (0) 351 83933-99

Web     www.ellerhold.de
Twitter www.twitter.com/Ellerhold_AG
Youtube www.youtube.com/user/ellerholdgruppe

Amtsgericht Dresden / HRB 23769
Vorstand: Stephan Ellerhold, Maximilian Ellerhold
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates: Frank Ellerhold

Diese E-Mail und Ihre Anlagen enthalten vertrauliche Mitteilungen. Sollten Sie nicht der beabsichtigte Adressat sein, so bitten wir Sie um Mitteilung und um sofortiges löschen dieser E-Mail und der Anlagen.

Unsere Hinweise zum Datenschutz finden Sie hier: http://www.ellerhold.de/datenschutz/

This e-mail and its attachments are privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us and immediately delete this e-mail and its attachments.

You can find our privacy policy here: http://www.ellerhold.de/datenschutz/