[Samba] Samba and Windows auditing

Alan Evangelista alan.vitor at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 17:45:18 UTC 2021

RP > Your problem about auditing may just be down to the fact that it is
centrify doing the authentication and not Samba.

Thanks for the feedback. Regarding the filesystem/file share auditing *on
Windows*, as I mentioned in my last email, I'll set up a simpler
environment without Centrify and write here again in case the problem
persists.

I just want to reiterate that AFAIK the two problems related to filesystem
auditing *on the Linux side* using Samba that I've described in my other
two emails (vfs_full_audit logging FS operations I have not requested to be
logged and vfs_full_audit not logging permissions change operations) are
not related to Centrify. I'd appreciate it if someone could take a look at
those emails and provide some feedback.