[Samba] update of samba 4.10.18 in Debian

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Feb 15 23:56:56 UTC 2021

For both the direct upgrade and the add DC, join, demote paths, there
is no particular reason why you need to go via the intermediate
versions.

But if you want to upgrade the host OS, I would recommend doing a new
build and getting a new server up on that, rather than a massive dist-
upgrade.

Andrew Bartlett

On Mon, 2021-02-15 at 20:52 -0300, Marcio B. via samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm searching at http://apt.van-belle.nl/ to update my version of
> Samba4.10.18 and I was in doubt if I first have to update to 4.11,
> then to
> 4.12 and finally to 4.13. Also, my Debian on this DC is Debian 9.13
> and I
> plan to upgrade to Debian 10.
>
> Could anybody help me?
>
> Regards,
>
> Márcio Bacci
>
> Em sáb., 13 de fev. de 2021 às 12:15, Marcio B. <
> marciobacci at gmail.com>
> escreveu:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I haven't updated my Samba 4 domain controllers in a long time. I
> > noticed
> > that there were several changes, including the way the AD database
> > was
> > stored. So, I would like to know is it possible to upgrade from
> > Debian
> > version 4.10.18 directly to 4.13.4?
> >
> > Regards,

Solutions