[Samba] RODC in remote Site

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Feb 15 15:06:09 UTC 2021

On 15/02/2021 14:48, cn--- via samba wrote:
> Hello All,
> sorry for the long post...
> I have deployed a RODC in a remote site. The Site and the subnet were
> already created but had no DC. I have set up the RODC as I would a
> normal DC. This is on Contos 8 with Sernet packages. And did a join
> like this:
>
> samba-tool domain join HQ.DOMAIN.DE RODC --site=DMZ
> --dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ -U"DOMAIN-02\Administrator"
>
> This completed successfully. The RODC was created in the Sites and
> Services app. The replication with one DC is also listed there.

Do you have 'dns.keytab' in /var/lib/samba/bind-dns/ ?

If you don't (I am willing to bet you don't), run 'samba_upgradedns' and
downgrade to the internal dns server, then run it again, but add
'--dns-backend=BIND9_DLZ'. This will upgrade you to the Bind9 dns server
again, but this time with the 'dns.keytab' in the correct location.

Rowland