[Samba] DNS Forwarder TimeOut

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Feb 10 17:47:09 UTC 2021

On Wed, 2021-02-10 at 10:27 -0500, Keith Howard via samba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am having problems with a DNS forwarder that is slow to respond and
> it
> seems that it times out.
> Is there a config parameter for smb.conf or a cmd line tool that I
> can
> increase the DNS forwarder timeout?
> Also, is there a way to log forwarder errors and timeouts?
>
> CentOS 7, SAMBA 4.9.4 compiled from source

I'm sorry, the timeout is hard-coded at 10 seconds:

libcli/dns/dns.c:
#define DNS_REQUEST_TIMEOUT 10

Of course as you have compiled from source, this isn't hard to change,
but there isn't a config option.

I didn't see any particularly good debugging messages for timeouts
during the code inspection.

Sorry!

Andrew Bartlett