[Samba] Clients Strongly Prefer One Domain Controller?

Bill Baird Bill.Baird at phoenixmi.com
Mon Feb 8 16:52:06 UTC 2021

Hi All,

We are running two DC's on 4.11.x and I noticed that our clients strongly
prefer the original DC. If I search my logs for "Authentication" with the
second DC2's name, I get less than 5 authentications a day. If I search for
"authentication' and the first DC1's name, I get thousands of results per
day. If I turn off DC1, DC2 seems to work properly and handle requests.

All of the FSMO roles are currently on DC2.

Any ideas of what to check first? In looking at my configurations and logs
and I'm not seeing anything obvious (well...to me) that would cause this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Bill

This electronic message, including its attachments (if any), is
CONFIDENTIAL and may contain PROPRIETARY or LEGALLY PRIVILEGED information.
use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, its attachments,
or any of the information included therein, is unauthorized and strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender by reply e-mail and permanently delete this message and
its attachments, along with any copies thereof.