[Samba] Unable to join domain?

Dan Egli dan at newideatest.site
Fri Feb 5 22:18:15 UTC 2021

# net join -U Adminisrator%%<PASSWORD>
Failed to join domain: failed to find DC for domain EGLIFAMILY - The
object was not found.

# kinit administrator
kinit: krb5_parse_name_flags: unable to find realm of host Athena

Athena is the machine I'm trying to join into the domain, while Janus is
the machine I ran samba-tool domain provision on.

Here's my smb.conf for Athena - Sans comments. Not much besides printers
yet because I wanted to get the machine joined, THEN establish the shares.

[global]
    workgroup = eglifamily
    server string = Athena
    server role = member server
    hosts allow = 192.128.10. 192.168.43. 127.
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    max log size = 50
    realm = eglifamily.name
    wins server = 192.168.10.3