[Samba] Warning messages when provisioning an ADDC

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Feb 5 15:07:05 UTC 2021

On 05/02/2021 14:50, Ralph Boehme via samba wrote:
> Am 2/5/21 um 3:45 PM schrieb Thomas Geppert:
>> The error message seems to indicate that it's expecting to find a
>> NTACL where there is none. Any idea why ?
>
> it seems this command doesn't use the same logic as samba-tool ntacl
> get which has the option --use-s3fs and tells the command to go via
> the VFS instead of accessing the xattr directly.
>
> I'd have to take a closer look if this can be worked around or if code
> changes are needed.
>
> -slow

This could get to be a wackamole, you fix one thing and another pops up,
this is such a niche case that I would tend towards stating that we will
not support running a Samba AD DC in an unprivileged container, not
unless someone else does all the work. There are far more important
things that need fixing/getting to work e.g. sysvol replication.

Rowland