[Samba] Warning messages when provisioning an ADDC

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Feb 5 13:08:22 UTC 2021

On 05/02/2021 12:49, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> Looks like a setting in smb.conf but its not posted.
>
> Also, its not recommended to use AD on this.
> And my personal experiances with backend AD on member. Works fine.
>
> I dont recommend to use NFS with backends RID.

Hi Louis, You might want to re-read the thread. The OP is trying to
provision an AD DC in an unprivileged container using ZFS and he is
getting unknown gids in the 30000 range during provision. Where these
gids are coming from is anyone's guess, seeing as how a Samba DC uses
ids in the 3000000 range by default.

Rowland