[Samba] Fileserver Upgrade problems

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Feb 5 07:54:00 UTC 2021

Short version of it.

Im 90% sure its in code + windows updates.

I seen it here also, but less because, only computer outside the domains and
usersnames with “NTLM” auth encountered it.

Elias, try \\ip\share /user:username at REALM

if that works,
try  \\FQDN\share  /user:username at REALM

try again with  /user:NTDOM\username

I have to look in bugzilla, but i seen winbind fixes passing that might involve/fix this.
And my way of building is same as how Debian builds ;-) so nothing really fancy.

Today i will be working on some packages.
i have 4.13.4 only in there, i need to move 2 files from a package to other

And doing that is what i wanted to fix first.

Without it, the upgrade stops, and apt –f install  fixes  it.
If your ok with that, you can enable the buster-experimental repo and use that package.

See if it fixes you problem.

! just do note, !!
After the upgrade, turn the experimental repo off.

Elias, i know your not questioning me of my packages. ;-)

So far,

Greetz,

Louis