[Samba] Samba 4 and DHCP

Michal Bruncko michal.bruncko at ssrk.sk
Thu Feb 4 16:48:42 UTC 2021

hi

you can manage DNS zones using DNS RSAT tool even if you choose
BIND(_DLZ) as your DNS backend for samba. there is no problem with that
at all. of course not all option(s) in DNS RSAT tool works (maybe this
is same independenly from DNS backend), but generally speaking you are
able to manage DNS zone records and create whatever new forward/reverse
DNS zones without issues.

br
michal