[Samba] rights files and folders

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Feb 3 11:41:19 UTC 2021

On 03/02/2021 09:52, Maurizio Caloro via samba wrote:
> Hello
>
> Please have running 4.13.2 AD with FileServer Setup.
>
> And iam running in a permission issue, so friendly need to ask for help.
>

> drwxrwxrwx  3 smbadmin domain users     4096 Feb  3 10:39 flowres
>
> -rwxrwxrwx+  1 smbadmin       domain users    95148 Feb  3 09:28 'Red
> Flowers.docx'
>

> If open this file "Red Flowers.docx" and save this new, the permission owner
> are only me, all other people hasnt right any more.
>
>                  -rwxrwxr-x+  1 mauriziocaloro domain users    88092 Feb  3
> 08:15 'New Red Flowers.docx'
>

> the other people in group cant overwrite this file, the file need to by any
> time read and write access for everyone any time.

I have no real idea about this because there is no context, just what is
'fileserver' setup ?

Just about all I can say is that there are extended ACL's set (see the
'+' sign at the end of the Unix permissions), perhaps these need changing ?

Also, can I point out, do not send me private mail unless I ask for it,
send all mail to the list.

Rowland