[Samba] problems accessing shares with force group

Piviul piviul at riminilug.it
Tue Feb 2 15:16:21 UTC 2021

Il 02/02/21 11:26, Rowland penny via samba ha scritto:
> [...]
> What, apart from still using Samba 4.5.16 ?

debian; I have the same strange behaviour in stretch (oldstable) and in
bullseye (testing), I don't known in buster (stable) but I can try.
oldoldstable seems to work correctly

> I do not know, if you are going to post a part of the smb.conf, post
> the entire smb.conf
# Global parameters
[global]
     lock directory = /var/cache/samba/
     log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
     logging = file
     map to guest = Bad User
     max log size = 1000
     obey pam restrictions = Yes
     pam password change = Yes
     realm = AD.CSARICERCHE.COM
     security = ADS
     server string = %h server (Samba, Ubuntu)
     template shell = /bin/bash
     usershare allow guests = Yes
     winbind offline logon = Yes
     winbind refresh tickets = Yes
     wins server = 192.168.64.2
     workgroup = DOMINIOCSA
     idmap config dominiocsa : range = 10000-24999
     idmap config dominiocsa : backend = rid
     idmap config * : range = 3000-9999
     idmap config * : backend = tdb

[test]
     browseable = No
     comment = test force group directive
     force group = "@DOMINIOCSA\Domain Users"
     path = /home/test_share
     write list = "@DOMINIOCSA\Domain Users"

Furthermore I don't know if it's normal but getent group or wbinfo
--group-info doesn't show member users but if I set winbind expand
groups to 1 the getent group and wbinfo --group-info shows correctly the
member users.

Many thanks

Piviul