[Samba] login without domain\username

ERIC PEYREMORTE eric.peyremorte at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr
Tue Feb 2 14:33:23 UTC 2021

Hi thanks for your answer !

I already have the parameter, but from a windows client or even smbclient, the username gets always prefixed by the machine name.

Wireshark capture :

And the winbind seems to work only when the "domain component" is missing from the username :

from man smb.conf :
winbind use default domain :
"This parameter specifies whether the winbindd(8) daemon should operate on users without domain component in their username."

Maybe what i want to do isn't possible ?

Cheers,
Eric