[Samba] Fwd: net ads join fail with Password exceeds maximum length allowed for crypt() hashing

Kees van Vloten keesvanvloten at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 16:48:03 UTC 2021

Forgot to add some info:

I am using Samba 4.15.3 on the DCs on Bullseye (from Louis' repo) and
stock Bullseye (4.13.13) on the member-server (to be).

I found a bug: 14621 that seems cover this or a similar issue. It says
to be fixed in 4.15
The question then is is this a client or a server issue (if the latter,
is it a regression?)