[Samba] AD DCs and LDAP query 'stalls'...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at lilliput.linux.it
Tue Dec 28 14:46:46 UTC 2021

Mandi! Rowland Penny via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> It probably is something like a lack of wifi, but this will also cause
> the replication to break and the logs will fill with something that
> basically says 'help, I cannot find a DC to replicate with' which will
> eventually freeze the PC.

It is not 'wifi', but a private PtP wireless link, that perform very well,
when works. ;-)

My logs are clean, my windows users does not complain about performance or
something like that, simply the LDAP query (with ldbsearch) against one DC
get slooooowwww...

I've followed your hint, lous, and added lockfile to some scripts, to prevent
double execution. Thanks!

--
  Siamo circondati da troppa gente piena di sé. E a quelli pieni di sé,
  io preferisco le persone piene di se, di ma, di forse. (Tonio Dell'Olio)