[Samba] AD DCs and LDAP query 'stalls'...

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Dec 27 11:06:39 UTC 2021

Yes, that what Rowland said, but im pretty sure this is a wifi problem causing this.

You can maybe do something with "pidoff" of something else.

Like, start the script ( create temp.lock file)
Check if there is already a lock file and if there is a process running.
Function check_if_lock_file_exists || Condition 1
Function check_if_process_is_running || Condition 2
If funtion 1 and 2 are true, enable timer, if true for 5 min, kill process, restart ..

You know howto make these Marco ;-)

On the wifi parts
All channels tested to have least interferance? SSIDer is one i like.
Nothing set to "auto channels"  and no wifi points with power from POE,
*( POE from home kits have energy savings turned on by default, disabling that can help).
POE from switchs are ok in general, unless you use old switches and new wifi points.
Check the max wattage per port.

Optimising the wifi is a must here.

I hope that helps a bit.

Greetz,