[Samba] computer account disappears

Kees van Vloten keesvanvloten at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 20:34:40 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

I am using samba-ad-dc 4.14.10 from Louis' repo on Debian Bullseye.

New computer accounts are preprovisioned with "samba-tool computer add".

Then when I join a machine with the domain and the join fails the
computer account gets removed from AD.

it sounds like expected behavior when the account is created by the join
activity but here it is pre-existing at the moment of the join. In this
case I would expect the account to remain untouched (and not deleted).

It is a misperception on my side or is this a bug?

- Kees