[Samba] GADMIN-SAMBA

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Dec 13 21:08:26 UTC 2021

On Mon, 2021-12-13 at 15:39 -0500, Clement Martin via samba wrote:
> I need to reconfigure my network. Have Linux/Debian 10 except for
> one
> Windows10 computer. I am struggling to get everything to sync
> correctly.
> I would like to share all personal files between all machines, but I
> never get it to work. Is it bad to use the gui? If someone could
> help,
> I'd really appreciate it!
> --
> Regards,
>
> *Clement Martin*
>
> *C L Martin Small Engine*
>
> 301-331-5872

Please don't use Gadmin-Samba, it is ancient, was never anything to do
with Samba and it is unmaintained (I believe).

Lets try and put it terms you might understand. It is like trying to
check the main drive belt tension on a machine that is fully
hydraulically driven.

It will help if you could describe just what you require. Do you want
to run Samba as standalone servers ? (very similar to Windows 10 home)
Or do you want to run Samba as a domain ?
When you say 'sync', do you mean that literately (the same data on all
servers), or do you mean that you just want to have shares that you can
move data to and from ?

Rowland