[Samba] Member Servers not showing in network

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Dec 9 18:56:24 UTC 2021

On Thu, 2021-12-09 at 12:41 -0600, Robert A Wooldridge via samba wrote:
> I have set up a new ADS domain and joined successfully several
> servers.
> The servers are accessible but in windows 10, they don't show up in
> the
> network.  Is there some setting for this?

I think (from the limited information provided) that this a SMBv1
problem (or rather the lack of it).

By default, both Windows 10 and Samba now have SMBv1 turned off (though
it is still available on both) and you need SMBv1 for network browsing.
Windows 10 now uses Network Discovery and you can run a similar server
on Linux, see here:

https://github.com/christgau/wsdd

There are other servers available.

Rowland