[Samba] Upgrading samba DC with "DC Rejoin" fails "Failed to setup database for BIND, AD based DNS cannot be used"

Henning Kessler maillist at henningkessler.de
Thu Dec 9 07:59:43 UTC 2021

Hello Andrew,

thank you so much for your support !

Indeed there has been an issue with my samba package installation. Tbdbackup was missing and probably much more. It is really embarrassing for me to confess that my reinstallation of the necessary packages has been incomplete and is almost a miracle that the installation has been working this far. After reinstalling all the needed packages everything is working as expected.

I am so sorry for bothering you with this and want to say thank you to you Andrew and you Rowland.

Regards

Henning Kessler