[Samba] ODP: ODP: Primary DC migration / upgrade

Krzysztof Kucybała krzysieq at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 7 17:57:06 UTC 2021

Just ordered all I need to build a tiny PC box for less than 120 gbp 😄 :) and You did not include what's needed to connect a 3.5" hdd that I mentioned - bigger case, cabling, power supply for that drive (mentioned it was a hdd, may have overlooked the 3.5" variety of it) - this comes for free with pretty much any mini itx pc case & mobo. Yes, it will sip a bit more power, but overall I believe this to be a much less problematic setup.

Either way I thought running AD DC as a VM was beneficial, but for a good while now I've been observing that clients are losing connection to the dc, and when that happens noone can log on with domain credentials. Could well be I messed something up with either my VM, Samba config, network config (changed router recently) or any combination of these, but I feel like I need a fresh start here, and also it won't hurt to build a new tiny pc before Christmas 😄 This will kill three birds with one stone - new DC, backup hdd will go out of my main work PC, and I'll have some toys to play with 😄

Cheers,