[Samba] Strange Bind freezing

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Dec 7 11:24:32 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2021-12-07 at 12:11 +0100, Nikita Druba via samba wrote:
> Interesting fact:
> My server, where work jail with Samba AD DC, have 40 CPUs(20 cores
> and
> 40 threads). Therefore, when I starts named, it is creates 40
> workers
> for every listen ip, i.e. 40 tcp and 40 udp for every ip.
> Because its too much for my configuration, I intuitively made a
> decision
> to try to decrease number of named workers to 10 by "-n 10".
> And all works without freezing with correct resolv.conf during last 4
> days.
> Where better to tell about this bug - to Bind or FreeBSD developers?

I would start with freebsd.

My problem (which could be from a lack of understanding them) with
freebsd jails, is that they are a type of virtualisation with
everything inside the 'jail' and that they cannot contact anything
inside another 'jail'. If this is correct, how do you get replication
between other (highly recommended) Samba AD DC's ???

Rowland