[Samba] Strange Bind freezing

Nikita Druba admin at npo-lencor.ru
Tue Dec 7 11:11:43 UTC 2021

Interesting fact:
My server, where work jail with Samba AD DC, have 40 CPUs(20 cores and
40 threads). Therefore, when I starts named, it is creates 40 workers
for every listen ip, i.e. 40 tcp and 40 udp for every ip.
Because its too much for my configuration, I intuitively made a decision
to try to decrease number of named workers to 10 by "-n 10".
And all works without freezing with correct resolv.conf during last 4 days.
Where better to tell about this bug - to Bind or FreeBSD developers?