[Samba] Strange Bind freezing

Remy Zandwijk remy+samba at luckyhands.nl
Thu Dec 2 08:59:20 UTC 2021

> Lets be honest here, you seem to be doing everything that I wouldn't
> recommend:
> I wouldn't recommend using Freebsd in production
> I wouldn't recommend using ZFS in production
> I wouldn't recommend using a separate Bind9 server, unless it forwards
> all AD dns to an AD DC.

Not meaning to hijack this thread, but I am using FreeBSD and ZFS in production (as domain member file server) and I am surprised by the first two recommendations. Care to share WHY you recommend against it Rowland? To be honest, when a Samba team member recommends against stuff, I expect a clarification along with it.

-Remy