[Samba] samba-ad-dc.service: Got notification message from PID 27448, but reception only permitted for main PID 27410

Mani Wieser test_drive_123 at outlook.com
Tue Aug 31 08:45:37 UTC 2021

On 31.08.2021 09:39, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> Hai Roy,
>
> Thanks for the feedback, much apriciated.
> Im looking where what has changed, because this is one that hardly changed.
>
> I suspect the security fix on systemd has something todo with it.
> ( see )
> https://www.qualys.com/2021/07/20/cve-2021-33910/denial-of-service-systemd.txt
>
> I also saw a recent that abused the Type=notify(-all)
>
> Is suspect its same in the official debian packages, checking that in few min.
>
> So far,
>
> Greetz,
> Louis

Hi Louis

I don't think forking is the right Type; according man systemd.service
(systemd 247 ):

  If set to forking, it is expected that the process configured with ExecStart= will call fork() as part of its start-up. The parent process is expected to exit when
  start-up is complete and all communication channels are set up. The child continues to run as the main service process, and the service manager will consider the
  unit started when the parent process exits. .......

Result:
samba-ad-dc.service: start operation timed out. Terminating.
samba-ad-dc.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=127/n/a
samba-ad-dc.service: Failed with result 'timeout'.
Failed to start Samba AD Daemon.

Because the main PID never exits and runs as root process

Mani