[Samba] Replacing SSSD with just WINBIND for NFSv4

Luc Lalonde Luc.Lalonde at polymtl.ca
Mon Aug 30 20:57:17 UTC 2021

Here's one of my DC's 'smb.conf':

[global]
         workgroup = EXAMPLE
         realm = example.com
         netbios name = DC1
         idmap_ldb:use rfc2307 = Yes

[netlogon]
         path = /usr/local/samba/var/locks/sysvol/gigl.polymtl.ca/scripts
         read only = No

[sysvol]
         read only = No

The other two are Windows 2012R2 DC's

My first UID is 1167, and my last is 32962 as of this morning. My user
creation/maintenance scripts keep a separate database of UID, GID,
GECOS, etc.

Thanks!

--
Luc Lalonde, analyste