[Samba] New server and demoted with the same name and IP.

Rommel Rodriguez Toirac rommelrt at nauta.cu
Mon Aug 23 16:07:07 UTC 2021

El 23 de agosto de 2021 11:05:54 GMT-04:00, Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> escribió:
>On Mon, 2021-08-23 at 10:37 -0400, Rommel Rodriguez Toirac via samba
>wrote:
>>  Hello all;
>> I have two samba4 Active Directories.
>
>Does that mean two domains or two machines in the same domain ?
>How are they running Samba, are they both DC's, or one DC and a Unix
>domain member, or two Unix domain members ?
>
>>  One with CentOS7 and one with CentOS8, both in the same network. I
>> want to remove (demote) the samba4 server that is running on CentOS7
>> (as additional samba4 server) and install Ubuntu and samba4 based on
>> Louis' repo.
>>
>> Will it be a bad procedure or bad idea if I use the same name and IP
>> address for the new server?
>
>Depends on how you are running Samba.
>
>Rowland

Two servers (machines) in the same domain.
 They both are Domain Controller.

 CentOS7 - samba 4.11.4  (hostname gtmad)
 CentOS8 - samba 4.14.3 (hostname gtmad1)

both compiled.

 The FSMO roles are in the server with CentOS8:

# samba-tool fsmo show
ldb_wrap open of secrets.ldb
SchemaMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=GTMAD1,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=gtm,DC=onat,DC=gob,DC=cu
InfrastructureMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=GTMAD1,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=gtm,DC=onat,DC=gob,DC=cu
RidAllocationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=GTMAD1,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=gtm,DC=onat,DC=gob,DC=cu
PdcEmulationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=GTMAD1,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=gtm,DC=onat,DC=gob,DC=cu
DomainNamingMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=GTMAD1,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=gtm,DC=onat,DC=gob,DC=cu
DomainDnsZonesMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=GTMAD1,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=gtm,DC=onat,DC=gob,DC=cu
ForestDnsZonesMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=GTMAD1,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=gtm,DC=onat,DC=gob,DC=cu

--
Rommel Rodriguez Toirac
rommelrt at nauta.cu