[Samba] Convert Samba4 AD into MS 2019 AD.

Daniel Lopes de Carvalho daniel at cepetro.unicamp.br
Fri Aug 20 12:52:31 UTC 2021

Guys, good morning.

I have 2 virtualized servers running Debian 10 with Samba 4.14. And, on
next week, We will be implementing a VMWare VDI environment and VMware
recommends using MS AD instead of Samba4 AD (Samba is not approved by
VMWare).

I recently made a POC of these VMWare VDIs using Samba4 AD and it worked
normally and without any problem. But in the event that I have to use MS
AD, I would like to know what procedures should I adopt to transfer data
from the current AD (Samba4) to MS?

It would just be adding a server with Windows Server 2019 and integrating
it to Samba AD or something else needs to be done. Any other advice?

Thanks

--
Daniel Lopes de Carvalho
daniel at cepetro.unicamp.br