[Samba] How to add or modify msDS-PrincipalName Attribute

James Atwell james.atwell365 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 17:07:41 UTC 2021

> On Thu, 2021-08-12 at 15:29 -0400, James Atwell via samba wrote:
>> Rowland,
>>
>>       Thanks for the reply and link. I'm not familiar with working
>> with
>> ldb modules. Can you point me in the direction to learn how? Thank
>> you.
>>
>> -James
> To put it bluntly, no :-)
> To me 'C' comes between 'B' and 'D' :-D
>
> Perhaps Andrew can help here, or Scott Jordahl, the original poster, I
> presume he got it working.
>
> Rowland

Appreciate the bluntness. I may be looking at my issue the wrong way.
I'm not familiar with constructed attributes but they appear to not
exist in AD but rather get created on the fly when queried.  This would
explain why they don't exists when I look for them. As a simple test can
I query for msDS-PrinciaplName using sambat-tool or another software? I
only see I can do this using Powershell but it relies on webservcies and
Samba doesn't support it.

-James