[Samba] How to add or modify msDS-PrincipalName Attribute

James Atwell james.atwell365 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 16:18:18 UTC 2021

Hello,

     I'm attempting to use DUO for 2FA against a Samba 4.11.6 DC. on
Ubuntu 16.04. I understand the OS and Samba is outdated. Everything goes
well until the service user attempts to authenticate an AD user. The
error from DUO is the service user is unable to fetch the
msDS-PrincipalName. When I look at the attribute for the user I see it's
missing. ADSI and ADUC does not let me modify.  Can I manually or auto
add this for all users in the domain?

-James