[Samba] mount.cifs STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS

Mark Amundsen amundsmark at mail.com
Thu Aug 12 07:55:12 UTC 2021

Thanks for your time

> OK, the two machines running 4.14.6 use SMBv2 as a minimum, your
> standalone server uses SMBv1 as a minimum, so you may have to add
> 'vers=2' to your mount command.

I've tried vers=2.0 3.0 and even 2.1 (simply vers=2 gives an invalid argument error), same as before:
CIFS VFS: Send error in SessSetup = -5
CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -5
Status code returned 0xc000005e STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS

If I try vers=1.0 it simply says:
CIFS VFS: cifs_mount failed w/return code = -95

(also: mount.cifs says: Default has changed to a more secure dialect, SMB2.1 or later)

I created a share on one of the domain-joined windows machines and I can connect to that in the same manner as I used to connect to the samba fileserver, which leads me to belive that something has changed in the fileserver.

Have I disabled the authentication method that mount.cifs is using?

Mark