[Samba] DC controller and DNS

ve2cii at ve2cii.com ve2cii at ve2cii.com
Wed Aug 4 14:56:03 UTC 2021

     Ok the Slackware Samba is going to be killed.
    I was able to take the extra drive out of the first controller. It
is a brand
new drive. So now I can install Debian-10 to it.
     I am not very familiar with Debian. Can you explain to me how to point
Debian to "Louis's repo"  I know how to work/change/add to the repositories
I just need to know the URL.
     The controller is not in a very good state. It is working but I am
not sure it
will accept doing as you say, as the second controller cannot connect to it.
Probably anything new will be the same.  So connecting a new controller is
not going to work.
     Since I have only one user, I will just start from scratch and kill
the Slackware
controller when I am ready to startup the Debian one. IE I don't run the 2
controllers at the same time.
     I am installing Debian at the moment.
And yes I know, I can just modify the nameserver. Not an issue.