[Samba] DC controller and DNS

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Aug 4 07:02:53 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2021-08-03 at 17:37 -0400, ve2cii--- via samba wrote:
>     You could be right about something missing.  Let me know if there
> is
> something required that
> is not on my list and I will see if it is missing.
>      I have not done a slackware install using dhcpd since
> slackware-10.0. Everything I do is
> all manual, and since the Slackware network manager is crap I
> usually
> leave that out and
> do it manually. So I never noticed the empty resolv.conf file. This
> is
> why I run Debian on
> my laptop, which uses WIfi. But I digress!!

OK, I officially give up, to build Samba, you need python3 and these
packages (amongst others):

python3-cryptography python3-dbg python3-dev python3-dnspython python3-
gpg python3-iso8601 python3-markdown python3-matplotlib python3-pexpect
python3-pyasn1

I cannot find 32-bit versions of the above packages.

You cannot make bricks without straw, not unless your name is Moses.

Can you really not use another distro ? Or upgrade to 64-bit Slackware
at least ?

Rowland