[Samba] DC controller and DNS

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Aug 2 16:32:28 UTC 2021

On Mon, 2021-08-02 at 12:14 -0400, ve2cii--- via samba wrote:
>     Ok this is where I got confused. I was under the impression that
> dnspython and python3-dnspython were the same package.

On Debian, dnspython does not exist as a package, but there is 'python-
dnspython' and 'python3-dnspython', but they may called by different
names on different OS's

> Any internet search for python3-dnspython takes me to
> dnspython.  Weird!!
> When I do a search for python3-dnspython on the slackware site
> it takes me to dnspython.  So now the question is
>
> If I go here:
>
> https://packages.debian.org/sid/python3-dnspython
>
> Both packages seem to be the same thing. If I try and download the
> source I get dnspython.  Can you clarify this??

A quick search, turned this up:
https://slackware.pkgs.org/current/slackware-x86_64/python-dnspython-2.1.0-x86_64-1.txz.html

Even though it is called python-dnspython, I think it is really
python3-dnspython

Rowland