[Samba] smbsrv_reply_printwrite not returning a response causing the print job to be truncated to 124 bytes

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Apr 29 16:48:42 UTC 2021

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 06:44:18PM +0200, Mateusz Mikołajczyk wrote:
>ok, I'll add that in a second - I'm creating a virtual machine with debian
>but without samba from the repository.

It will fix it :-). I found the point where the change got lost,
between 3.0.x and 3.2.0.

>also, I'm quite confused. Are you implying that source3 is actually used by
>upstream samba ? (i.e. by version >= 4.0.0) I thought that it was just left
>because it's code for samba v. 3 (i.e. < 4.0.0) ? means that I was looking
>in the wrong place after all ?

*All* of the code in the repo is used :-). source3/ source4/ are
historical artifacts due to the (almost) split a long time ago.

source3/ mostly has fileserver stuff.
source4/ mostly has AD-DC stuff.

Yes you were looking in the wrong place :-).

>kindest regards and I'll make sure to post about the test result :)

Good luck !