[Samba] Kerberos problems with only some servers

Arne Zachlod arne at nerdkeller.org
Thu Apr 29 14:37:18 UTC 2021

thank you so much for your input, it works again. I'm so happy :) Time
to put everything into ansible now.

>> Running as Unix domain member and no user.map detected.
>> This is possible with an auth-only setup, checking also for NFS parts
>
> Your missing the usermapping.
> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Domain_Member#Mapping_the_Domain_Administrator_Account_to_the_Local_root_User

is there any long-/short term benefit of doing this? the wiki says its
optional, and I ddin't see any benefit in mys case, but maybe I'm
missing something?

>> Installed packages:
> Missing : krb5-user
>
>> Installed packages:
>
> Same here, missing krb5-user packages.

this was it. thanks Louis, you really saved my day.