[Samba] What is wrong in my Samba setup?

Jason Long hack3rcon at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 29 13:20:24 UTC 2021

My "/etc/resolv.conf" is wrong? What it should be?

On Thursday, April 29, 2021, 05:44:48 PM GMT+4:30, L.P.H. van Belle via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> [...]
.......  Remove a part, but from here..

> The contents of the "/etc/krb5.conf" file is:
>
> [libdefaults]
>     default_realm = MYDOMAIN.Z
>     dns_lookup_realm = false
>     dns_lookup_kdc = true

Remove from here untill..
> [realms]
> MYDOMAIN.Z = {
>     default_domain = mydomain.z
> }
>

> [domain_realm]
>     mydc = MYDOMAIN.Z

..You are HERE

> The Samba service is running without any error.
>
> I have some questions:
>
> 1- What is realm?
A Kerberos realm is the domain over which a Kerberos authentication server
has the authority to authenticate a user, host or service.
A realm name is often, but not always the upper case version
of the name of the DNS domain over which it presides.

> 2- When I want to verifying DNS, I got below error:
Yes,

> # host -t SRV _ldap._tcp.mydomain.mydomain.z.
> Host _ldap._tcp.mydomain.mydomain.z. not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
>
> # host -t SRV _kerberos._tcp.mydomain.mydomain.z.
> Host _kerberos._tcp.mydomain.mydomain.z. not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
>
> # host -t A mydc._tcp.mydomain.mydomain.z.
> Host mydc._tcp.mydomain.mydomain.z. not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
>

> Which part of my configuration is wrong?
/etc/resolv.conf
search mydomain.mydomain.z
nameserver 192.168.56.7

> Thank you.