[Samba] smbsrv_reply_printwrite not returning a response causing the print job to be truncated to 124 bytes

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Apr 29 11:11:03 UTC 2021

On 29/04/2021 11:58, Mateusz Mikołajczyk via samba wrote:
> I've also searched trough github and found that the commit that removed
> those 0 bytes (if they are in fact what I believe they are - a response
> packet) was 591669ba066cde377c0c14e3473f23b35530b4ba which was
> called r24431: Convert the reply_printXX calls to the new API. Of course
> that were the changes in source3 directory rather than source4, but it
> could be what originated the changes in samba 4 as well - that's only my
> guess

Samba is on gitlab now: https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba

You have 'ntvfs handler' in your smb.conf, this will not be used on a
standalone server as it was only meant for the Samba AD DC where the
'samba' binary is run. It also requires the NTVFS file server, this is
now only used for testing puposes.

Have you read this:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Print_Server

Rowland