[Samba] Fruit & uchg

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Wed Apr 28 09:33:51 UTC 2021

Am 4/27/21 um 2:18 PM schrieb Perttu Aaltonen via samba:
> Hello Ralph & others knowledgeable in vfs_fruit and Netatalk.
>
> How does Samba and Netatalk store the “uchg” user immutable file flag
> set in macOS? Is it stored in an extended attribute? The behaviour
> I’m seeing is that setting this flag from either AFP or SMB side
> isn’t reflected on the other side. Is there a way to change this
> behaviour?

to be honest: I have no idea. :) Looks like my knowledge here has faded
away with time, so I'd have to refresh my memory by digesting a few traces.

As for SMB: do you see the flag actually persisted on the server when
you set it from the client? Ie do you get it back when querying the
flags? I might be wrong, but iirc the client doesn't funnel those BSD
flags over SMB(2).

As for AFP: iirc this is mapped to a FinderInfo flag (L = locked).

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                https://samba.org/
Samba Developer, SerNet GmbH   https://sernet.de/en/samba/