[Samba] samba-4.12.9 standalone server : problems with one user only

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue Apr 27 12:59:13 UTC 2021

Am 27.04.21 um 14:38 schrieb Rowland penny via samba:
> On 27/04/2021 13:29, Stefan G. Weichinger via samba wrote:
>>
>> I created a new user + password
>>
>> same behavior
>>
>> It says "wrong password", while we are 100% sure (I tell her on the
>> phone, no special chars or so) that the pw is correct.
>>

> What is she connecting from ?
>
> Could it be that it is defaulting to SMBv1 ? 4.12.x uses SMBv2 by default.

I also allowed SMBv1 temporary ..

and we used X: instead of R: ... to maybe avoid some caching.

To me it seems there is some offline-sync-stuff enabled for that drive.
And that messes up things.

The upstream support disabled *something* around that, but seem not to
have remove that synced content or whatever.

User gets "multiple connections" after "net use * /DEL" etc etc

Weird.

I write to their support and ask for SMBv2 and the removal of that
sync-profile-whatever.

more fun tomorrow

thanks