[Samba] AD woes

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Apr 21 15:55:53 UTC 2021

On 21/04/2021 16:24, Emmanuel Florac via samba wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have an old ( 4.5.16-Debian ) samba server in an AD. The AD server
> has been migrated to a new server, however
>

>   wbinfo --dc-info=DOMAIN.local
>
> still reports the old server.

This is probably coming from the cache

>   It also looks like new users don't appear
> in "wbinfo -u" output... And can't logon of course (However old users
> still work fine).

This is your main problem, why cannot the new users logon ?

> What's the right thing to do from there? Should I "net ads leave" and
> "join" again?

I would 'leave' the domain, but not for the reason you think. You need
to upgrade Samba and to do this, you will probably need to upgrade your
OS (Debian Stretch ?) as well.

Before you do upgrade, post your smb.conf

Rowland