[Samba] a lot of nonbody session with same pid

Alberto Maria Fiaschi alberto.fiaschi at estar.toscana.it
Mon Apr 19 08:16:07 UTC 2021

I make a test machine. The sever is member of AD domain (config at he end of these mail).
The behavior is identical. The PCs that are in workgroups generate many sessions with the nobody user, especially when they open excell files or run some program.
The server SO is Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS with samba ver 4.11.6-Ubuntu .

[global]
   workgroup = AOUP
   security = ADS
   SERVER ROLE = MEMBER SERVER
   realm = AOUP.LAN
   map untrusted to domain = Yes
   winbind refresh tickets = Yes
   winbind nss info = rfc2307
   idmap config * : range = 100-120
   username map = /etc/samba/user.map
   idmap config AOUP  : backend = ad
   idmap config AOUP : unix_nss_info
   idmap config AOUP  :schema_mode = rfc2307
   idmap config AOUP :unix_nss_info = yes
   idmap config AOUP  : range = 200-9999999999999
   vfs objects = acl_xattr
   map acl inherit = Yes
   store dos attributes = Yes
   kerberos method = secrets and keytab
   winbind use default domain = yes
   load printers = no
   printing = bsd
   printcap name = /dev/null
   disable spoolss = yes

server min protocol = NT1
#restrict anonymous = 2
map to guest = never
usershare allow guests = no
create mask = 0777
directory mask = 0777
nt acl support = yes
case sensitive = No
# disabilito supporto stampanti
load printers = no
printing = bsd
printcap name = /dev/null
disable spoolss = yes
min receivefile size = 16384
use sendfile = true
strict allocate = Yes

aio read size       = 16384
aio write size      = 16384
write cache size = 65536
map hidden           = no
map system           = no
map archive          = no
map readonly         = no
store dos attributes = yes
strict locking = no
follow symlinks = yes
unix extensions = yes

#unix charset = utf-8
#dos charset = cp1250

dos charset = 850
unix charset = ISO8859-1

smb ports = 445
smb encrypt = desired
log file = /var/log/samba/%I.log
log level = 3
#log level = 1 auth:2 passdb:2  idmap:2

[Test]
       path = /sambatest/shares
       read only = no

[TEST2]
        comment = Cartella documenti TEST
        path = /sambatest/shares/Uosi/groups/TEST2
        valid users = @uosi_vpn_ro, at uosi_vpn_rw
        write list = @uosi_vpn_rw
        force user = nobody
        force group = uosi_quota